If you are having difficulty validating your account settings, see my emboldened note in Step 5
Following on from my previous generic guide, here is a step-by-step guide on how to set up your student Live@Edu account on your iPhone.
This is proven to work on iOS4. It should work on iPhone OS 3 as well, but I do know that in 3 you can only have one Microsoft Exchange account, whereas in iOS4 you can have multiple.
1) Make sure you are connected to the internet before you begin. If you are doing this from on-site at Anglia Ruskin, open Safari and authenticate yourself before you begin.
2) Click Settings from the home screen then click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3) Click on Add Account… then select Microsoft Exchange
4) Enter the following:
Domain: Leave this blank
Password: [your password]
Description: Enter a name by which you want to refer to this account, e.g. Student account
Now click next.
5) The screen will refresh and a Server box will appear. Your iPhone will have worked out what your server name should be. You do not need to change this.
[Update] If you are having difficulty validating your account settings, try entering m.outlook.com in the Server box.
6) The final lets you set further options about your new Exchange account. Now when you fire up the email app you can view and send messages! If you so chose, you can also see your calendar and your contacts.
I’ll post an Android, Windows and Symbian guide soon.
Hope this helps!